Localité : Irak / Bagdad Domaine : Ressource humaine Niveau : Non precise Entreprise recruteur : UNICEF
Recrutement 01 Human Resources Associate, GS-6, Erbil, Iraq, one-year Temporary Appointment (open to Iraqi nationals only)
Contract type: Temporary Appointment
Duty Station: Erbil
Categories: Human Resources
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their full potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, care
Under the close supervision and guidance of the Human Resources Specialist based in Erbil, the Human Resources Associate provides administrative, procedural and operational support and assistance to the efficient implementation of a broad range of Human Resources functions for all categories of staff in his/her office, ensuring accurate and timely delivery that is in compliance with UNICEF HR rules and regulations. For this position, particular focus will be placed on activities related to HR Business Partnering, Local Focal Point for staff entitlements and benefits and consultancy contract management.
The focus of the position is on the provision of specialized transactional HR activities pertaining to recruitment and placement, administration of entitlements, staff development and career development, job classification and/or performance management. Specialized activities pertain to the application of HR regulations, rules and procedures in the context of, on a day-to-day basis, there typically being more complications that arise with a broader variety of solutions that are not always clearly covered in general guidelines, thus requiring a greater capacity to adapt and interpret. The position consequently, require in-depth knowledge of the subject matter and the capacity to carry out tasks with strong independence. Thus, managerial oversight for these positions is limited to ensuring results are fulfilled according to work-plans and facilitating any issues that arise outside of established patterns.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
- Support to business partnering
- Support in processing of entitlements and benefits of local staff
- Support in recruitment and placement
- Support in organization design and job classification
- Support in learning and capacity development
- General office support
To qualify as a champion for every child you will have…
- Completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of the organization.
- A minimum of 6 years of progressively responsible administrative or clerical work experience required
- Extensive knowledge of HR principles, rules, regulations and procedures within the UN
- Demonstrated knowledge of HR principles, rules, regulations and procedures within the UN or a large international organization is an asset
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required. Knowledge of Kurdish is a strong asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate the values and competencies required for this post:
UNICEF’s Core Values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, Accountability and Sustainability (CRITAS) underpin everything we do and how we do it. Get acquainted with our values charter: https://www.unicef.org/careers/get-prepared#Values
- Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (1)
- Works Collaboratively with others (1)
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships (1)
- Innovates and Embraces Change (1)
- Thinks and Acts Strategically (1)
- Drive to achieve impactful results (1)
- Manages ambiguity and complexity (1)
View our competency framework at http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/UNICEF_Competencies.pdf
• UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization. UNICEF’s active commitment towards diversity and inclusion is critical to deliver the best results for children. For this position, eligible and suitable female candidates will be prioritized.
• UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
• We offer a wide range of benefits to our staff, including paid parental leave, breastfeeding breaks and reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities. UNICEF strongly encourages the use of flexible working arrangements.
• Lien on post may apply to applicants who are current UNICEF staff on Permanent, continuing and Fixed Term positions applying for a Temporary Appointment assignment
• Government or related entities employees that are considered for employment with UNICEF are normally required to resign from their government before taking up an assignment with UNICEF or provide a proof of leave of absence.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
• Appointments may also be subject to inoculation (vaccination) requirements, including against SARS-CoV-2 (COVID). UNICEF reserves the right to withdraw an offer of appointment, without compensation, if medical clearance is not obtained, or necessary inoculation requirements are not met, within a reasonable period for any reason.
Advertised: 25 Mar 2023 Arabic Standard Time
Deadline: 29 Mar 2023 Arabic Standard Time
Partager cette offre d'emploi avec ses connaissances sur
VOIR LA LISTE DES AUTRES OFFRES D'EMPLOIS APRES LA PUBLICITE!