Recrutement de 01 Chief Risk Officer
Niveau d'études: Bac + 5 ou plus
Expire le: 30-11-2023
Afrique de l'Est
Detail emploi: Chief Risk Officer
Poste: DIRECTION GÉNÉRALE
Date Limite: 30/11/2023
Lieu: Afrique de l'Est
Description / Role / Responsibilité :
JOB DESCRIPTION-CHIEF RISK OFFICER
Job Description Summary The Chief Risk Officer (“CRO”), reporting to the ATIDI Chief Executive Officer and to the ATIDI Board Risk Committee, has two main responsibilities: The CRO is responsible for
(i) overseeing and implementing ATIDI’s risk management framework, including identifying risks and proposing mitigation and improvement to operational, regulatory, and compliance/reputational risk management, and
(ii) opining on, and provide advice on, transactions considered for coverage, taking into consideration ATIDI’s risk appetite, the risk environment, and applicable regulatory and compliance standards.
1. Plan, supervise the implementation and enhancement of the overall risk management process for the Organization;
2. Assume a leadership role, which entails:
· Overseeing the day-to-day activities of, and ensuring the timely provision of high-quality Risk Management services by, heads of CRI and PRI · Monitoring risk policy issues arising in the Region, and developing and implementing processes and procedures to ensure adequate awareness of business risks in the Region;
· Advising on risk issues affecting the offices and countries in the Region;
· Actively participating in the day-to-day management of the Risk Department and the setting of the strategic goals of the Department and communicating those goals to the Department;
· Fostering team building and knowledge-sharing within the Department and across the Agency; and facilitating staff development.
3. Conduct risk assessment, which involves analyzing risks as well as identifying, describing, and estimating the risks affecting the business;
4. Conduct risk evaluation, which involves comparing estimated risks with risk appetite criteria established by the Organization such as costs, legal requirements and ESG factors, and evaluating the organization’s management of risks;
5. Support the Underwriting Department and the CEO in reviewing individual transactions for economic and financial soundness, prioritizing risk mitigation and compliance;
6. Under the direction of the Board of Directors quantify the organization’s risk appetite, i.e., the level of risk it is prepared to accept;
7. Advising and supervising risk reporting for different audiences, for example, to the Board of Directors on significant and strategic risks, to business heads and staff to ensure they are aware of risks and accountability relevant to the business operations, and to external stakeholders.
8. Advise on corporate governance processes;
9. Work with the Legal Department to provide a lead point of contact for regulators as well as formulating policies and procedures for external disaster recovery/reputational management issues (e.g., stakeholder management and public communication training);
10. Supervise and advise on operational processes such as purchasing insurance, implementing health and safety measures, and making business continuity plans to limit risks and prepare contingency plans;
11. Provide subject matter expertise in country and credit risk evaluation matters, as well as on matters relating to reputational, disclosure and ESG-related issues on individual transactions as well as on a portfolio level;
12. Provide support, education, and training to staff to build risk awareness and ensure compliance awareness within the Organization; and
13. Provide oversight in planning and implementation of people management initiatives in the Risk Management Department and across the organization, including:
· Coordinate and identify staffing and hiring needs across the organization.
· Monitoring workflow, volume of work deliverables and the delivery of work of direct reports.
· Together with Underwriting, Legal, and HR, plan and support development of individuals’ skills and abilities to fulfil current or future job/role responsibilities more effectively; identifying training needs; mentoring and coaching team members.
· Ensuring the efficient and fair assignment of project and departmental work to staff;
· Coordinating with other managers on assignments and obtain timely performance feedback; and
· Implementing informal and formal feedback processes within the Department.
profil du candidat :
· A Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA), accounting, or related field, or relevant postgraduate professional qualification from recognised institutions e.g., CPA, CFA.
· Extensive and specific knowledge of how global financial institutions, corporate or investment banking, insurance and/or ECAs or multilaterals operate, including how to evaluate risks on individual transactions and in the underwriting/country risk portfolios;
· A minimum of twenty years’ relevant working experience, including risk evaluation and limit settings in an insurance or financial company, both on an individual transaction and on a portfolio basis;
· A proven history of success in managerial, commercial, and financial leadership;
· Thorough technical knowledge of the risk function and demonstrates technical skills and knowledge required to perform the essential duties as described in this Job Description;
· Ability to collaborate, influence senior leaders, and risk owners within the organization; · Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including strengths in influencing, conflict management, and negotiation.
· Ability to communicate complex matters in a simple and clear manner;
· Experience designing Board documents and organizational structures to support appropriate governance across complex entity structures;
· Familiarity with risk management and administration rules, regulations and policies in insurance, banking, or a related field; Risk analysis and related risk management skills;
· Experience in ERM formulation and utilization;
· Leadership and people management skills;
· Planning and organisation skills;
· Strong analytical and strategic-thinking skills;
· Demonstrate ATIDI's core values - unity of purpose, customer first approach, integrity, getting it first the right time and creativity; · Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment;
· Excellent communication (Written, oral and presentation) and people skills; and
· Fluency in written and spoken English; Knowledge of French will be an added advantage.
4. The closing date for application is 30 November 2023.
Partager cette offre d'emploi avec ses connaissances sur
VOIR LA LISTE DES AUTRES OFFRES D'EMPLOIS APRES LA PUBLICITE!