Localité : Kenya / Nairobi Domaine : Communication Niveau : BAC Entreprise recruteur : IFC Afrique
Recrutement de 01 Communications Officer, Multimedia
Niveau d'études: Bac
Expérience: 5 ans
Expire le: 22-06-2022
Communications Officer, Multimedia
Job # : req17968
Organization : IFC
Sector : Communications
Grade : GF
Term Duration : 3 years 0 months
Recruitment Type : Local Recruitment
Location : Dakar,Senegal; Nairobi,Kenya
Required Language(s) : English
Preferred Language(s) : French
Closing Date : 6/22/2022 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2021, IFC committed a record $31.5 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. For more information, visit www.ifc.org.
IFC’s Corporate Support Vice Presidency is responsible for communications, outreach, and partnerships, alongside other core functions including HR, budget, and IT. The Vice Presidency supports the implementation of IFC’s business strategy for effective delivery of our programs to clients and partners, in close collaboration with relevant counterparts across the World Bank Group.
The Communications and Outreach Department is responsible for managing IFC’s communications and outreach strategy with a focus on the Corporation’s business priorities, including cross cutting themes. The department has three integrated units that facilitate strategic engagement with both internal and external stakeholders: Corporate Communications, Regional Communications, and Global Industry and Thematic Communications
The Creative Productions team, within the Corporate Communications unit, creates and manages creative content that communicates the institution’s most strategic priorities. The team embraces strategic risk-taking, experiments with innovative communications techniques, and produces an array of written, visual, audio, and digital storytelling products.
Role and Responsibilities :
The Creative Productions team is looking for an experienced Multimedia Communications Officer to be based in Nairobi, Kenya, or Dakar, Senegal, to film, edit and produce video stories, but may be asked to write stories, photograph projects and clients, and produce audio stories as well.
Specific roles and responsibilities of the desired candidate include:
• Working with Creative Productions leadership to design engaging visual multimedia that are strategically linked to IFC’s corporate priorities.
• Producing high-quality and innovative visual content in English and French, engaging regional and industry teams. This includes coordinating multidisciplinary teams to film, record or otherwise collect and edit stories.
• Identifying untold stories, both internally and externally, and reporting on them in a compelling and creative ways.
• Taking risks and improving the quality of video storytelling, and suggesting and encouraging new and creative ways to tell our stories.
• Researching and recommending innovative channels as well as strategic partnerships/influencers to amplify campaigns.
• Building relationships with multimedia vendors and partners, in countries and in the region.
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism with 5 or more years’ experience in journalism, print and visual storytelling, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, and proven ability and to work in matrixed teams, coordinating and guiding different teams to achieve good results.
• Excellent multimedia production skills (videography, photography, editing, motion graphics). Podcast production and sound editing is a plus.
• Excellent writing and editing skills in English and French (fluency in both languages is required).
• Takes informed risk, creatively challenging the status quo
• Is used to working under pressure and independently and relishes the challenge of managing several projects simultaneously.
• Innovative, creative and self-motivated.
• Experience in working in development and in emerging markets is preferred.
• Experience in broadcast journalism is an asset
• Have experience in leading and managing complex, cross organizational projects.
• Sound judgment and ability to make sound decisions on reputational risk issues.
WBG Core Competencies for all staff: Client orientation; Drive for results; Teamwork of collaboration and inclusion; Knowledge, Learning and communication; and Business judgment and analytical decision-making.
World Bank Group Core Competencies
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.
Partager cette offre d'emploi avec ses connaissances sur
VOIR LA LISTE DES AUTRES OFFRES D'EMPLOIS APRES LA PUBLICITE!