Localité : Ouganda / Kampala Domaine : Communication Niveau : Non precise Entreprise recruteur : FAO
Recrutement de 01 Communications Specialist
Niveau d'études: Non précisé
Expérience: Non précisé
Expire le: 25-07-2023
Humanitaire (ONG, Associations, ...), Projet/programme de développement
Job Posting: 11/Jul/2023
Closure Date: 25/Jul/2023, 11:59:00 PM
Organizational Unit: FRUGA
Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
Type of Requisition: NPP (National Project Personnel)
Grade Level: N/A
Primary Location: Uganda-Kampala
Duration: 12 months with possibility of rehire
Post Number: N/A
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background and culture
Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented Members and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply
Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct, and to uphold FAO's values
FAO, as a Specialized Agency of the United Nations, has a zero-tolerance policy for conduct that is incompatible with its status, objectives and mandate, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination
All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
The FAO Representation in Uganda (FRUGA) is currently implementing a project titled Forest Management and Sustainable Charcoal Value Chain in Uganda. The project is funded by the European Union and implemented in collaboration with the Ministry of Water and Environment (MWE) and the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development (MEMD) and the District Local Governments (DLGs) in districts of northern, central, West Nile and mid-west regions of Uganda, where the project is implemented. This collaboration aims to address negative environmental, social and economic impacts of charcoal production by promoting sustainable charcoal production practices, such as establishment of woodlots and use of more efficient charcoal production kilns, while at the same time promoting cleaner energy alternatives. The project will also support restoration of degraded private lands and enhance institutional and policy framework to streamline charcoal value chain.
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative, the Communications Specialist shall work closely with the Project Coordinator, the Communications Officer and in coordination with the Regional Communication Officer (RAF), SFE and OCC & PSE Units at FAO Headquarters. The incumbent shall ensure coherence with FAO’s corporate communication policy and operational guidelines for all communication and information outputs.
The Communications Specialist will mainly support internal and stakeholder communication to increase awareness, understanding and appreciation of the project and overall work of FAO by preforming the following tasks and responsibilities:
Tasks and responsibilities:
• Implement Communication Plans for the Representation, in line with the agreed Country Programming Framework (CPF) and the United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework (UNSDCF) for the country.
• Coordinate preparation and implementation of communication campaigns and activities in relation with the Forest Management and Sustainable Charcoal Value Chain project communication strategy
• Develop and maintain close contacts with government officials, multilateral and bilateral donors, civil society and private sector for implementation of the communications strategy, organization of roundtable discussions, press conferences, briefing sessions, interviews, and launches.
• Collaborate in identification, preparation, and dissemination of written or visual content and materials in relation to project activities, including success stories, documents, brochures, news articles, press releases, talking points, briefing notes, key messages, newsletters, opinion pieces and other communication outputs, ensuring consistency, accuracy and meeting the needs of target audiences.
• Draft content in connection with the project and the FAO Representation in Uganda, ensuring that text is accessible, dignified, informative and interesting and paying attention to accuracy, tone and house style and in line with FAO style, corporate branding, European Union and other relevant guidelines.
• Create and promote campaigns to local media that position FAO Representation in Uganda and influence the development agenda based on current programmes and new initiatives.
• Take part in planning and coordination of media outreach for upcoming events of the project and the FAO Representation in Uganda.
• Contribute to monitoring and evaluation of communication efforts through regular reports, update and maintenance of relevant databases (photo, video, news archives, media, etc.).
• Support strengthening of FAO media relations and visibility by maintaining effective working relationships with journalists, including national and international media.
• Promote a corporate image of FAO as an open / accessible, multidisciplinary institution with rapid response and action. This includes supporting technical staff and the FAO Representative in the preparation of presentations, interviews, programmes and FAO documents especially as they relate to the FAO Uganda forestry projects.
• Contribute to content development for website and social media for FAO Representation in Uganda, ensuring regular inclusion of project updates
• Perform any other duties as assigned
• Liaise with the Office of Communication (OCC) will be maintained, either directly or through an agreed focal point/coordinator, to ensure compliance with OCC standards, appropriate review and clearance processes.
All social media assets should be produced must comply with FAO standards, including:
Social Media Branding guidelines: https://www.fao.org/3/cb5044en/cb5044en.pdf
FAOSTYLE English: https://www.fao.org/3/cb8081en/cb8081en.pdf
FAO terminology http://www.fao.org/faoterm
FAO names of countries https://www.fao.org/nocs/en
UN map standards (available to staff);
FAO Brand and policy book (available to staff)
For videos intended for social media, liaise with OCCI to clear the scripts prior to editing. The social media videos should follow the branding guidelines outlined here: https://www.fao.org/3/cb5044en/cb5044en.pdf
Further guidance regarding FAO communications, policies and procedures can be found through the FAO intranet, OCC section.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• University Degree in communications, journalism, media relations, or other related degrees.
• 5 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in communications, advocacy, campaigning or public relations;
• At least 3 years of professional experience in the Communication field, particularly in developing communication and visibility strategy and plan, conducting stakeholders mapping and analysis, developing communication contents and messages;
• Working knowledge of English;
• A National of Uganda.
FAO Core Competencies
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Ability to elaborate and implement communications and publications strategies.
• Excellent communication skills (oral and written).
• Proven networking skills, and ability to generate interest in FAO’s mandate.
• Strong multi-tasking skills and ability to work under tight deadlines.
• Ability to build strong relationships with partners, government institutions, NGOs, and local communities, and conduct fieldwork.
• Experience managing website, newsletter, and working with different social media platforms including twitter, Facebook, among others.
• Demonstrated capacity to anticipate workload, to make judgement and take initiative to carry out strategic activities.
• Understand gender and community engagement approaches.
• Working knowledge of MS office and relevant IT tools and software such as Adobe cloud suite.
• Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Word, Excel and internet research skills are desirable.
• Previous experience working on international donor projects is highly preferred.
• Training in media relations, photography or creative writing would be an asset.
• Experience in public speaking and/or event management would also be an asset.
FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: [email protected]
Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
HOW TO APPLY
• To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete and includes your employment records, academic qualifications, and language skills
• Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile
• Once your profile is completed, please apply, and submit your application
• Candidates may be requested to provide performance assessments and authorization to conduct verification checks of past and present work, character, education, military and police records to ascertain any and all information which may be pertinent to the employment qualifications
• Incomplete applications will not be considered
• Personal information provided on your application may be shared within FAO and with other companies acting on FAO’s behalf to provide employment support services such as pre-screening of applications, assessment tests, background checks and other related services. You will be asked to provide your consent before submitting your application. You may withdraw consent at any time, by withdrawing your application, in such case FAO will no longer be able to consider your application
• Only applications received through the FAO recruitment portal will be considered
• Your application will be screened based on the information provided in your online profile
• We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT
Partager cette offre d'emploi avec ses connaissances sur
VOIR LA LISTE DES AUTRES OFFRES D'EMPLOIS APRES LA PUBLICITE!