Localité : Somalie / Mogadiscio Domaine : Commerce Niveau : Non precise Entreprise recruteur : FAO
Recrutement de 01 Contract Specialist (Procurement)
Niveau d'études: Non précisé
Expérience: 8 ans
Expire le: 13-10-2022
Humanitaire (ONG, Associations, ...), Projet/programme de développement
Job Description - Contract Specialist (Procurement) (2202707)
Job Description: 2202707
Contract Specialist (Procurement)
Closure Date: 13/Oct/2022, 11:59:00 PM
Organizational Unit: FRSOM - FAO Representation in Somalia
Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
Type of Requisition: NPP (National Project Personnel)
Grade Level: N/A
Primary Location: Somalia-Mogadiscio
Duration: 12 Months
Post Number: N/A
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background and culture
Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented Members and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply
Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct, and to uphold FAO's values
FAO, as a Specialized Agency of the United Nations, has a zero-tolerance policy for conduct that is incompatible with its status, objectives and mandate, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination
All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
The key mission of the FAO Representation in Somalia, which is led by FAO Representative (FAOR), is to assist and support the national government to develop policies, strategies and programme aimed at accelerating the Implementation and achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in the area of FAO's global mandate and Strategic Objectives. More specifically, FAO's response aims to address national needs and priorities in achieving food security, reducing hunger and malnutrition, developing agricultural, fishery and forestry sectors, and ensuring the sustainable use of environmental and natural resources and respond to recurrent emergencies. The current portfolio of activities of the FAO Representation in Somalia includes a wide scope of technical support interventions ranging from policy support through livestock and crop production, to natural resource management, Nutrition, value chain, food security analysis and water and land information management. FAO is also implementing several emergency, resilience-building, and development interventions, with the support of its five field offices and close to four hundred staff in partnership with the Federal and State line ministries.
Under the overall guidance of the FAO Representative in Somalia and the direct supervision of the International Procurement Officer.
The incumbent will be responsible for conducting procurement unit activities in accordance with MS502, MS507:
Tasks and responsibilities
• Review and support to elaboration of all kinds of contractual instruments related to LoA and Procurement
• Develop specific Key Performance Indicators for Long Term Agreements (LTAs).
• Work in consultation and collaboration with the other Heads of infrastructure Unit, Monitoring & Evaluation Unit and Operation Unit as well as Project Manager in the site related to contractual instruments in the line with LoA and Procurement at FAO-Somalia
• Provide advice on any functional support related to procurement, LoAs and supply chain management
• Guide the market intelligence activities of the Procurement Unit for better sourcing for goods, works and services at local, regional, and global levels.
• Follow up and report regularly to the IPO on the progress of all activities (both under MS 502 and under MS 507) activities including checking the progress of performance according to work schedule indicated in signed contract.
• Establish a Contract Management system that would ensure compliance with contractual terms and conditions of Execution Agreements, Operational Partners Agreements, Letters of Agreement and Service Contracts, in collaboration with the operations team.
• Review delivery of services against contractual requirements by narrative and financial reports
• Manage and update the programme status and prepare quarterly reports in accordance with each project’s timeline,
• Plan and initiate the sourcing of audits and spot checks at given intervals, as per contractual schedules
• Monitor contract delivery and compliance with rules and regulations by individual projects in the field.
• Review signed Delivery Orders submitted by consignees, to ensure full delivery according to Purchase Order stipulations and escalate to IPO and relevant office/officer in case of partial delivery.
• Review invoices submitted for payment by Implementing Partners (IPs) and Operational Partners OPs), make recommendations for payments upon review of reports and comments by the Responsible Officers and initiate requests for Purchase Order (PO) amendments with the procurement unit.
• Maintain contract files containing all agreements, contracts, proposals, correspondence, inventories, and other documents relating to the contract.
• Assist the Procurement unit in negotiating, within the terms and conditions of the contract, solutions to conflicts/problems arising in case of poor performance or non-compliance with contractual obligations.
• Liaise with the members of the project team on activities required by the contract, including logistical support, accreditation, licensing, verification of goods, monitoring of activities and performance of the SPs.
• Assist on resolving all kind of contractual dispute and acting for the remedy of dispute, preparation of all requirements that may arise to a closure, in liaison with the Chief Technical Officer and deputy team leader and Head of Procurement,
• Provide technical backstopping to partners on compliance issues including fraud control and safeguard.
• Regularly check FAO’s intranet for revised solicitation templates and advise the LOA & Procurement Units accordingly.
• Perform any other related duties
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• University degree/technical Degree in Law or contract management, procurement or similar
• Eight years of progressively responsible professional experience in procurement, contract management, administration or related area is required
• Working knowledge (level C) of English and Somalia Languages
• National of Somalia
FAO Core Competencies
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Knowledge of FAO and LoA rules and regulations or similar UN entities.
• Ability to draft contractual instruments regarding solicitation documents and LoAs.
• Good skills in preparation of evaluation documents, procurement related NFFs, LPC submissions, etc.
• Good report writing skills.
• Good knowledge of the local market conditions.
• Supplementary courses or additional training in procurement functions is desirable. Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supplies (CIPS) Level 4 or equivalent certification is desirable.
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
HOW TO APPLY
• To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete and includes your employment records, academic qualifications, and language skills
• Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile
• Once your profile is completed, please apply, and submit your application
• Candidates may be requested to provide performance assessments and authorization to conduct verification checks of past and present work, character, education, military and police records to ascertain any and all information which may be pertinent to the employment qualifications
• Incomplete applications will not be considered
• Personal information provided on your application may be shared within FAO and with other companies acting on FAO’s behalf to provide employment support services such as pre-screening of applications, assessment tests, background checks and other related services. You will be asked to provide your consent before submitting your application. You may withdraw consent at any time, by withdrawing your application, in such case FAO will no longer be able to consider your application
• Only applications received through the FAO recruitment portal will be considered
• Your application will be screened based on the information provided in your online profile
• We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT
Partager cette offre d'emploi avec ses connaissances sur
VOIR LA LISTE DES AUTRES OFFRES D'EMPLOIS APRES LA PUBLICITE!