Localité : Kenya / Nairobi Domaine : Conduite Niveau : BAC Entreprise recruteur : IFC Afrique
Recrutement de 01 E T Temporary
Niveau d'études: Bac
Expérience: 2 ans
Expire le: 16-10-2023
Automobile, Aéronautique et autres matériels de transport Banque et Assurances
E T Temporary
Job #: req24562
Sector: Administration/Office Support
Term Duration: 1 year 0 months
Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
Required Language(s): English
Closing Date: 10/16/2023 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
IFC — a member of the World Bank Group — is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2023, IFC committed a record US$43.7 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of global compounding crises. For more information, visit www.ifc.org.
The IFC’s Kenya Country Office is seeking a highly organized, energized and experienced professional to support the Country Management Unit as an Extended Term Temporary – Receptionist (ETT), based in Nairobi, Kenya.
The ET Temporary - Receptionist will be responsible mainly for receiving the clients as the first point of contact, providing general assistance with correspondence and information inquiries.
This position works closely with and reports to the Office Administrator under the overall supervision of the IFC Country Manager, Kenya Cluster.
Role & Responsibilities:
This is an entry level office support position which contributes to the smooth running of the daily operations of the office. The ET Temporary (Receptionist) will carry out a full range of tasks that may vary according to office needs and requirements. Duties will include managing the reception, courier services, correspondence distribution, videoconference scheduling and providing support in ad-hoc activities as required.
Responsibilities will involve collaboration with team members in the Kenya Office, as well as frequent interaction with external counterparts such as Consultants, Government Officials, International Donors, Service Providers, Vendors and members of the Private Sector and Civil Society.
• Receive visitors and answer queries in a polite and meaningful manner while ensuring that security procedures are followed.
• Provide high quality telephone service through the switchboard by answering queries, taking accurate phone messages and ensuring that they are routed in a timely manner to the intended recipient in an efficient, pleasant and effective manner.
• Handle and report any anomalies in the communication systems.
• Manages incoming and outgoing mail, courier services and the weekly pouch while ensuring that any mail addressed to the Country Office is properly registered and delivered to the Front Office as quickly as possible.
• Compiling invoices for the various mail and courier vendors.
• Receiving and compiling vendor tenders to share with appropriate receiving teams.
• Receive and forward invoices to appropriate departments including the coordination of office supply and service orders with vendors.
• Coordinating the delivery of payments.
• Maintain an up-to-date database of Government Officials, Donors, UN agencies, Non-Governmental Organizations, vendors and other institutions and persons regularly associated with the work of the Country Office.
• Maintaining the internal office directory listing of staff sitting locations, extension numbers, cellphone numbers and continuously updating and circulating to staff.
• Manage the scheduling of multiple videoconferences and meeting rooms.
• Supports logistical coordination for conferences, workshops, retreats, learning events, sending invitations to participants and follow up on confirmation of attendance as necessary.
• Serve as a backup for IFC Program Assistants and provide support to IFC visiting missions and teams on the ground as required.
• Handle filing and other administrative duties as required.
• Handling and solving non-routine tasks and requests (responding to requests requiring address queries etc.).
• Provide general office support as required and assigned to ensure the smooth functioning of the Country Office.
• Minimum of High school diploma, Bachelor’s Degree preferred with at least 2 years or more of experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Similar or relevant work experience as a Receptionist in a large multinational and multi-lingual organization.
• Proficiency in using advanced functions of computer applications such as Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with clients and staff at all levels.
• Strong written and communication skills in English.
• Ability to draft and translate simple correspondence as required.
• A proven team player, deeply committed to working in a highly collaboratively environment as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
• Ability to demonstrate respect for different points of view, acting with integrity at all times to build trust with team members and external clients and partners.
• Follows guidance from the Executive Assistant promptly and proactively.
• Displays WBG core values and mission.
• Works with professionalism and exemplary dedication to our clients.
World Bank Group Core Competencies
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.
Note: The selected candidate will be offered a one-year appointment, renewable at the discretion of the World Bank Group, and subject to a lifetime maximum ET appointment of three years. If an ET appointment ends before a full year, it is considered as a full year toward the lifetime maximum. Former and current ET staff who have completed all or any portion of their third-year ET appointment are not eligible for future ET appointments.
Partager cette offre d'emploi avec ses connaissances sur
VOIR LA LISTE DES AUTRES OFFRES D'EMPLOIS APRES LA PUBLICITE!