Localité : Soudan / Juba Domaine : Sociologie Niveau : Non precise
Recrutement de 01 Emergency and Resilience Specialist
Niveau d'études: Non précisé
Expérience: 5 ans
Expire le: 14-10-2022
Juba, South Sudan
Humanitaire (ONG, Associations, ...), Projet/programme de développement
Job Description - Emergency and Resilience Specialist (2202730)
CALL FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST - VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT: 2202730
Emergency and Resilience Specialist
Closure Date: 14/Oct/2022, 11:59:00 PM
Organizational Unit: FRSSD - FAO Representation in South Sudan
Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
Type of Requisition: Consultant / PSA (Personal Services Agreement)
Grade Level: N/A
Primary Location: South Sudan-Juba
Duration: 6 months with possible extension
Post Number: N/A
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background and culture.
Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented Members and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply;
Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct, and to uphold FAO's values
FAO, as a Specialized Agency of the United Nations, has a zero-tolerance policy for conduct that is incompatible with its status, objectives and mandate, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination
All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO representatives, is to assistant governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner to ensure zero hunger in the country. FAO provides support in three priority areas: sustainable increase in production and productivity, agriculture-based economic growth, and increased resilience of livelihoods to threats and crisis.
The current portfolio of projects in South Sudan includes activities related to agriculture (crop), livestock, Fisheries, Natural Resource management, food information systems is implemented with humanitarian, transitional and development funding. The incumbent will contribute to the country’s programme and portfolio as foreseen in the project he/she will coordinate and be assigned.
The Emergency and Resilience Specialist will work under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative for South Sudan, the direct supervision of the Emergency and Resilience Coordinator and in close coordination with the Technical Team and CTAs.
• Develop Strategies for sustainable and resilient agriculture and food systems, with special focus on establishment of food security and nutrition monitoring system (FSNMS).
• Ensure full compliance with FAO partnerships approach at different levels.
• Extent and depth of knowledge of, and experience in food security information systems, including the implementation of a variety of methodologies / techniques – e.g. household surveys, market and climate monitoring, emergency/rapid food security assessments etc.;
• Demonstrated liaise and develop partnerships with the Government, UN and NGOs.
Tasks and responsibilities
• Assist the Emergency and Resilience Coordinator (ERC) in promoting FAO's response with government parties, UN agencies, regional organizations, NGOs, and donors;
• Support the Emergency and Resilience Coordinator (ERC) with response and resilience work in the country, including preparedness, needs assessment, response, programming, implementation, and resource mobilization, in coordination and collaboration with the FAO food security cluster/sector;
• Assist the Emergency Response Team in coordinating work, setting country and operational objectives, and monitoring progress through regular meetings and the development, updating, and dissemination of action plans; implement corrective measures in response to monitoring results in a timely manner;
• Review relevant documents and reports; identifies problems and issues to be addressed and proposes corrective actions; liaises with relevant parties; identifies and tracks follow-up actions;
• Preparation of a variety of written outputs, such as background papers, analysis, sections of reports and studies, contributions to publications, etc. ;
• Conduct outreach activities; conduct training workshops, seminars, etc.; make presentations on assigned topics/activities;
• Ensure finalization of the Call for Proposals for identifying the Implementing partners for ELRP; assist the Emergency and Resilience team in formulating the detailed target plan;
• Working with the LOA Team and the Information Management Team to assess NGOs for partnership within the ELRP and targeted by the various projects;
• Provide guidance and support for the development and approval process of Letters of Agreements under the ELRP.
• Monitor, update, and report on achievement of the partner’s activities by attending relevant meetings, and networking events;
• Assist ERC to coordinate activities related to budget and funding (Programme/project preparation and submissions, progress reports, financial statements, etc.) and prepares related documents/reports (pledging, work Programme, Programme budget, etc.);
• Ensure FAO’s active participation in all humanitarian coordination mechanisms (including clusters and/or sectors), with local government authorities, other UN agencies, donors and other partners;
• Assist in setting up emergency assessment and response teams immediately to address new emergencies and provide surge capacity to country offices;
• Prepare project profiles and full-fledged project documents for donor funding as part of FAO's contribution to inter-agency Humanitarian Response Plans (HRPs) and Flash Appeal;
• Provide sectoral coordination support through the FAO-WFP-led Food Security Cluster/Sector in the country
• Provide support to the ERC in the development of an advocacy and outreach plan, including key messages, communication materials, such as Executive Briefs, Situation Reports, and authorization for the dissemination of information to external sources;
• Ensure that the ERC maintains regular contacts with donors and provides updated information on FAO assessments, response plans, and activities;
• Perform other related duties as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• A university degree in Social Sciences, Development studies, management or related degree. An advanced degree is an added advantage.
• Working knowledge of English (level C) and limited knowledge (level B) of a second FAO language. Knowledge of other languages spoken in the region is an asset. For PSA, working knowledge of English is required.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in developing operation, advocacy and outreach plans, project implementation.
FAO Core Competencies
• Results focus
• Building effective relationships
• Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement
• Good interpersonal, communications and facilitation skills;
• Sound knowledge and experience in writing reports;
• Demonstrate capacity to carry out assignments with high level of independence and minimal technical guidance.
• Good knowledge of the UN system, procedures and operational activities would be an advantage.
• Ability to organize and implement emergency response direct project activities (workshop, mission, assessment, etc.), work in hardship context and guide implementing partners and beneficiaries organizations.
• Ability to operate effectively in a team, contributing positively to team operations and working relationships
• Understand and adhere to FAO goals and principle and the FAO South Sudan strategy and objectives.
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency
FAO does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing)
Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognized in the IAU/UNESCO list
Please note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International
For more information, visit the FAO employment website
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
HOW TO APPLY
• To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete and includes your employment records, academic qualifications, and language skills
• Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile
• Once your profile is completed, please apply, and submit your application
• Candidates may be requested to provide performance assessments and authorization to conduct verification checks of past and present work, character, education, military and police records to ascertain any and all information which may be pertinent to the employment qualifications
• Incomplete applications will not be considered
• Personal information provided on your application may be shared within FAO and with other companies acting on FAO’s behalf to provide employment support services such as pre-screening of applications, assessment tests, background checks and other related services. You will be asked to provide your consent before submitting your application. You may withdraw consent at any time, by withdrawing your application, in such case FAO will no longer be able to consider your application
• Only applications received through the FAO recruitment portal will be considered
• Your application will be screened based on the information provided in your online profile
• We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT
Partager cette offre d'emploi avec ses connaissances sur
VOIR LA LISTE DES AUTRES OFFRES D'EMPLOIS APRES LA PUBLICITE!