Localité : Kenya / Nairobi Domaine : Environnement Niveau : BAC + 5 Entreprise recruteur : IFC Afrique
Niveau d'études: Bac + 5 ou plus
Expérience: 7 ans
Expire le: 21-03-2023
Environmental and Social Development Specialist -Financial Intermediaries Africa Region
Job #: req21483
Term Duration: 3 years 0 months
Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
Required Language(s): English
Preferred Language(s): French
Closing Date: 3/21/2023 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2022, IFC committed a record $32.8 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of global compounding crises.
CEG includes approximately 200 staff and consultants, substantially involved in pre-investment environmental and social (E&S) due diligence and monitoring of portfolio clients’ E&S outcomes. CEG supports IFC’s investment and advisory departments to manage ESG risks associated with their activities and find solutions to client issues based on our Performance Standards on Environmental and Social Sustainability and the Corporate Governance Methodology. CEG further leverages this expertise and operational experience in emerging markets to encourage the effective adoption of these standards by companies and investors across emerging markets.
IFC is unique among Development Finance Institutions to have this cadre of the in-house environment, social, and corporate governance experts. It is through this expertise that CEG delivers on the two goals of its strategy: (i) partnering with IFC’s investment departments to manage ESG risks associated with their investments and find solutions to client issues and (ii) leveraging our ESG expertise and operational experience in emerging markets to maintain IFC’s leadership in sustainability through ESG standards and to encourage the effective adoption of these standards by companies and investors across the emerging markets. IFC’s standards have been widely adopted in emerging markets by development banks, project finance banks, and export credit agencies such that over the last decade, US$ 4.5 trillion have been invested adhering to them.
Objectives/Purpose of Assignment :
IFC is looking for a dynamic, motivated, and detail-oriented professional with strong communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills to provide support to IFC’s team of environmental and social specialists who are responsible for IFC investments in financial intermediaries in Africa.
Roles and Responsibilities :
The work to be undertaken is described below and will include:
• Undertake Environmental and Social (E&S) due diligence of IFC’s proposed investments in financial intermediaries:
• gathering and analyzing available information to identify gaps against specific Performance Standards for assigned projects;
• identification and proposition of appropriate mitigation measures for risks and impacts;
• production of high-quality work products that clearly and logically frame risk mitigation; and
• identification of opportunities for value-add in the project structure, including providing IFC clients with guidance in establishing E&S Management Systems to ensure compliance with IFC E&S requirements;
• Supervise environmental and social performance of financial intermediary clients;
• Contribute to the design and delivery of learning programs on sustainability and environmental risk management for IFC clients and investment staff, as well as working on the development of tools, checklists, and guidelines to improve efficiencies of project processing and enable improved client management of environmental and social issues;
• Assist IFC staff with business development to ensure the environmental issues are addressed early in the process.
• Assist with regional ESG Advisory tasks targeting financial intermediary clients.
• Must have a master’s degree or graduate/advanced degree in a relevant discipline (e.g., environmental, social sciences, science, engineering);
• Have a minimum of seven years of working experience, preferably in the assessment and management of environmental and/or social impacts for financial intermediaries;
• Good working knowledge of the IFC Performance Standards;
• Ability to analyze and synthesize diverse E&S related data and information;
• Work experience in one or more African countries and ability to travel extensively in the region;
• Ability to communicate effectively in English, both written and spoken; ability to communicate in French will be an advantage; and
• Ability to operate as a member of a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural team;
World Bank Group Core Competencies
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.
Partager cette offre d'emploi avec ses connaissances sur
VOIR LA LISTE DES AUTRES OFFRES D'EMPLOIS APRES LA PUBLICITE!