Recrutement de 01 Investment Analyst
Niveau d'études: Bac
Expérience: 3 ans
Expire le: 08-07-2022
Abidjan, Côte d'Ivoire
Job # : req18184
Organization : IFC
Sector : Investment
Grade : GE
Term Duration : 2 years 0 months
Recruitment Type : Local Recruitment
Location : Abidjan,Cote d'Ivoire
Required Language(s) : English, French
Preferred Language(s) :
Closing Date : 7/8/2022 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2021, IFC committed a record $31.5 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. For more information,
IFC has embarked on an ambitious new strategy to stimulate more investment activity by Creating Markets, including in Low Income Countries (LICs) and Fragile and Conflict Situations (FCS). This new strategy requires a shift in our approach to proactively create, deepen and expand markets and projects rather than waiting for clients to propose projects for IFC to finance. This strategy also relies on upstream work with Governments and World Bank colleagues to enable private sector solutions and financing. We call this approach the “Cascade.” Working with clients, we will first seek private sector solutions to address development challenges, where such solutions are advisable and can be effective, and reserve public financing for projects only when other options are suboptimal.
The Financial Institution Group (FIG) is one of IFC’s key Departments responsible for a significant portion of IFC’s business volume, profitability and development reach, approximately 40%. FIG engages in a wide range of sub-sectors including Microfinance, SME, Gender, Climate, Insurance, Capital Markets, Housing, Distressed Assets, and other areas, with both investment and advisory services delivered globally to IFC’s clients through IFC’s global network. FIG has three main objectives: 1) financial inclusion; 2) servicing the real economy and; 3) mobilizing third-party resources. The goal is to develop efficient financial systems that will increase financial inclusion and fuel economic growth in client countries and enhance IFC’s developmental impact.
FIG is recruiting Investment Analysts to join the Investment and Portfolio Team, which originates, manages and monitors IFC’s financial sector investments in Africa. This position will be based in the Abidjan office.
IFC recruit’s investment analysts globally on two-year term contracts extendable to a maximum of four years. Upon completion of their contracts, investment analysts typically leave to pursue a graduate degree or additional work experience.
Duties & Accountabilities :
• Ability to conduct market and industry research and analysis.
• Ability to demonstrate attention to detail, thoughtful scenario analysis, and diligence in the quality of one’s own work.
• Fully understands the financial aspects of investment or advisory transactions, including how to conduct market analysis and determine financial soundness of company or project opportunity.
• Demonstrated skill in financial statement analysis, accounting, finance, financial modeling, DCF, and comparable company analysis to support informed decision making.
• Ability to analyze and synthesize debt pricing benchmarks and equity trading comparables.
• Basic understanding of how specific investments or advisory transactions in different industries and sectors impact economic, market, and social development, and how to use mapping methodology to assess market conditions, gaps, and business opportunities.
• Identify data collection needs to support the assessment of financial, operational, development impact, and market information as well as relevant ES&G matters. Coordinate with the client to obtain needed information.
• Demonstrates active listening skills by being attentive and listening to others in order to identify client and stakeholder needs.
• Able to distill and summarize large amounts of information from various sources to prepare business documents and presentations.
• Able to write in a logical and comprehensive, yet concise manner.
• Able to utilize graphics and tables to effectively and creatively present data.
• Extract lessons of IFC’s earlier investments or advisory mandates and other evaluative work as relevant to provide input to the structuring of straightforward transactions
• Bachelor's or equivalent degree;
• Up to 3 years work experience in a financial institution, particularly in investment projects;
• Ability to develop complex financial models;
• Keen interest in development finance and multicultural environments;
• Highly motivated, committed to highest ethical standard, ability to work successfully in multicultural teams and across boundaries;
• Strong knowledge of financial markets;
• Strong analytical and conceptual skills including corporate/project finance;
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in French
World Bank Group Core Competencies
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.
Partager cette offre d'emploi avec ses connaissances sur
VOIR LA LISTE DES AUTRES OFFRES D'EMPLOIS APRES LA PUBLICITE!