Localité : Somalie / Mogadiscio Domaine : Agriculture Niveau : Non precise Entreprise recruteur : FAO
Recrutement de 01 Irrigation Engineer (SC10)
Niveau d'études: Non précisé
Expérience: Non précisé
Expire le: 14-10-2022
Humanitaire (ONG, Associations, ...), Projet/programme de développement
Job Description - Irrigation Engineer (SC10) (2202731)
Job Description: 2202731
Irrigation Engineer (SC10)
Closure Date: 14/Oct/2022, 11:59:00 PM
Organizational Unit: FRSOM - FAO Representation in Somalia
Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
Type of Requisition: NPP (National Project Personnel)
Grade Level: N/A
Primary Location: Somalia-Mogadiscio
Duration: 12 Months
Post Number: N/A
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background and culture
Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented Members and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply
Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct, and to uphold FAO's values
FAO, as a Specialized Agency of the United Nations, has a zero-tolerance policy for conduct that is incompatible with its status, objectives and mandate, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination
All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
The key mission of the FAO Representation in Somalia, which is led by the FAO Representative (FAOR), is to assist and support the national government in developing policies, strategies and programme aimed at accelerating the implementation and achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in FAO's global mandate and strategic objectives.
More specifically, FAO's response aims to address national needs and priorities in achieving food security, reducing hunger and malnutrition, developing agricultural, fishery and forestry sectors, ensuring the sustainable use of environmental and natural resources and responding to recurrent emergencies.
The current portfolio of activities of the FAO Representation in Somalia includes a wide scope of technical support interventions ranging from policy support through livestock and crop production to natural resource management, Nutrition, value chain, food security analysis and water and land information management. FAO is also implementing several emergency, resilience-building, and development interventions, with the support of its five field offices and close to 400 staff in partnership with the Federal and State line ministries.
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Somalia, general supervision of Head of Programme and under the direct supervision of the Infrastructure Unit Head, the Irrigation Engineer in collaboration with Site supervisors or/ and Field support Engineers will address & solve any technical matters related to irrigation infrastructure.
Irrigation Engineer will plan, design and manage the construction of irrigation projects to distribute water to agricultural lands.
Tasks and Responsibilities
• Responsible for the construction of irrigation canals, river dams and embankments, water catchments, etc
• Plan and design irrigation fixtures and installation of fixtures to requirements and specifications.
• Analyse existing site surveys, conduct research and identify potential structural and environmental problems
• Design and prepare BoQs for selected irrigation canals
• Prepare technical specifications of irrigation component
• Prepare BOQ and review of design drawing for unit’ projects
• Check and approve irrigation drawings
• Supervise construction of irrigation infrastructure
• Supervise contractors and implementing partners
• Prepare Quality, Health & Safety and Social & Environment plans
• Prepare irrigation schemes operation and maintenance schedules
• Prepare training materials and disseminating information on irrigation water
• Undertake feasibility studies and preliminary investigations
• Prepare irrigation schemes operation and maintenance schedules
• Organize farmers meetings for irrigation participatory development
• Collect and compiling data for irrigation planning;
• Implement irrigation action plans
• Support in tendering and tender evaluation for irrigation projects
• Project Reporting
• Provide technical advice to other unit Engineers
• Perform any other duties as may be requested by the head of unit
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• Advanced University Degree (Master's or equivalent) in Irrigation Engineering from a recognized institution.
• First level University degree (Bachelor's or equivalent) in Irrigation Engineering in combination with 2 additional years of relevant professional experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
• At least 6 years’ experience Irrigation projects or related water engineering field
• Working knowledge (level C) of the FAO official language used for communication within the country (English) and working knowledge of the local language(s) is required.
• National of Somalia
FAO Core Competencies
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Experience in Design and cost estimation of irrigation canals, and water convey structures and water control structures.
• Experience in Supervision of irrigation infrastructure projects.
• Competence in water related CAD software
• Experience/knowledge in FAO procurement/tendering process
• Experience/knowledge in project management with UN, private or public sector and the international organizations.
• Demonstrated experience in implementation of projects in developing countries and under challenging operational context;
• Work experience in more than one location or area of work
• Experience in carrying out similar activities in post conflict states will be an added advantage;
• Good in quality report writing using both Excel and word.
• Incumbent is expected to perform under minimum supervision
• Incumbent is expected to perform under pressure
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
HOW TO APPLY
• To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete and includes your employment records, academic qualifications, and language skills
• Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile
• Once your profile is completed, please apply, and submit your application
• Candidates may be requested to provide performance assessments and authorization to conduct verification checks of past and present work, character, education, military and police records to ascertain any and all information which may be pertinent to the employment qualifications
• Incomplete applications will not be considered
• Personal information provided on your application may be shared within FAO and with other companies acting on FAO’s behalf to provide employment support services such as pre-screening of applications, assessment tests, background checks and other related services. You will be asked to provide your consent before submitting your application. You may withdraw consent at any time, by withdrawing your application, in such case FAO will no longer be able to consider your application
• Only applications received through the FAO recruitment portal will be considered
• Your application will be screened based on the information provided in your online profile
• We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT
Partager cette offre d'emploi avec ses connaissances sur
VOIR LA LISTE DES AUTRES OFFRES D'EMPLOIS APRES LA PUBLICITE!