Localité : Kenya / Nairobi Domaine : Communication Niveau : Non precise Entreprise recruteur : Organisation des Nations Unies (ONU)
Recrutement de 01 Consultant - Blue skies / Air Pollution Communication Coordination
Niveau d'études: Bac
Expérience: 5 ans
Expire le: 26-12-2023
Consultant - Blue skies/Air Pollution Communication Coordination
Vacance de poste
Référence de l’avis de vacance: 223821
Réseau d’emplois : Questions économiques et sociales et développement
Famille d’emplois : Environmental Affairs
Catégorie et classe : Consultants, CON
Lieu d’affectation : NAIROBI
Département/Bureau : Programme des Nations Unies pour l'environnement
Date de publication : Dec 15, 2023
Date limite de candidature : Dec 26, 2023
Résultat de la prestation
• Create and contribute to a growing positive discourse by improving knowledge and inspiring action on air pollution.
• Contribute to increasing ambitions among public, private, and policy making circles for accelerated action on air pollution.
Lieu de travail
Fonctions et responsabilités
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment. UNEP's mandate is to coordinate the development of environmental policy consensus by keeping the global environment under review and bringing emerging issues to the attention of governments and the international community for action. The Communications Division communicates UNEP's core messages to all stakeholders and partners, raising environmental awareness and enhancing the organization’s profile worldwide.
This position is based in the Public Advocacy and Communication Section of the Communications Division and will work closely with the Pollution and Health Unit of the Economy Division.
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Public Advocacy and Communication Section and additional supervision from the Air Quality Coordinator, Pollution and Health Unit, UNEP intends to recruit a Coordinator for the observance of the International Day of Clean Air for blue skies (hereafter referred to as the Day) as well as for communication on air pollution under the larger ambit of the #Beat Pollution Campaign.
The consultant will contribute to:
1. Global coordination for the observance of the International Day of Clean Air for blue skies as well as communication on air pollution in general. This includes coordination of various working groups, engagement with existing and new partners; facilitation of participation of and inputs from the regional offices, support from member states and stakeholder groups; as well as the design and preparation of communication campaigns, assets, and activities, including any associated flagship events, and maintenance of digital presence.
2. Production of various programmatic documents in relation to the Day and air pollution in general, including briefs, concept papers, and reports. This also includes the event report based on major highlights, activities, and engagements, including digital and social media activities and engagements across all channels and for all partners.
3. Engagement with air pollution/air quality programmatic colleagues and offices across the main emitting sectors to ensure all relevant opportunities for communicating work on air pollution mitigation are undertaken based on latest science and innovations including any relevant updates to the existent air pollution dashboard in line with the aforementioned. This will also include supporting air pollution content and data related coordination as well as documentation and dissemination of best practices and successful case studies.
4. Forging new and maintaining existing partnerships with major stakeholders, including the private sector and civil society with a focus on aligning efforts toward addressing the issue of air pollution and mobilizing resources.
5. Plan and maintain a steady pipeline of content on air pollution and keep content updated on UNEP’s corporate and the Days websites as well as any other campaign pages.
6. Public advocacy and communication tasks aimed at air pollution action and improving air quality.
7. Create and contribute to a growing positive discourse by improving knowledge and inspiring action on air pollution.
8. Contribute to increasing ambitions among public, private, and policy making circles for accelerated action on air pollution.
Bachelor's degree in journalism, communication, international relations, social sciences or other related field, is required.
Minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in public information, communication, programme management or related field is required.
Prior experience of working with UNEP or a UN organization is desirable.
Prior experience in public advocacy and communication on air pollution is desirable.
For this assignment, fluency in oral and written English is required; knowledge of French is an advantage.
Aucun frais de dossier
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.
Partager cette offre d'emploi avec ses connaissances sur
VOIR LA LISTE DES AUTRES OFFRES D'EMPLOIS APRES LA PUBLICITE!