Localité : Kenya / Nairobi Domaine : Communication Niveau : Non precise Entreprise recruteur : Organisation des Nations Unies (ONU)
Recrutement de 01 Information Management / Knowledge Intern
Niveau d'études: Non précisé
Expérience: Non précisé
Expire le: 30-12-2023
Information Management / Knowledge Intern
Vacance de poste
Référence de l’avis de vacance: 223643
Réseau d’emplois : Technologies de l’information et télécommunications
Famille d’emplois : Systèmes et technologie de gestion de l'information
Catégorie et classe : Stage, I-1
Lieu d’affectation : NAIROBI
Département/Bureau : Programme des Nations Unies pour l'environnement
Date de publication : Dec 13, 2023
Date limite de candidature : Dec 30, 2023
Lieu de travail
Fonctions et responsabilités
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promote the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment.
This position is for the UNEP headquarters, Corporate Services Division, Enterprise Solutions Section (ESS) in the lush green UN campus in Nairobi. The incumbent will be reporting to an Officer in ESS.
Mandated to enable efficient programme delivery using cutting-edge knowledge management and information technology solutions, ESS undertakes a wide range of services, activities, and projects. It works closely with clients throughout the project life cycle to tailor the services to their needs ensuring that the solution meets the required objectives from a specification, resource, and time perspective.
ESS is looking for young, innovative, solutions-driven individuals from various parts of the world to join the multicultural and dynamic team in ESS as interns to further implement the solutions.
The internship is for a duration of between three (3) to six (6) months at an unpaid modality, works full-time five days per week (35-40 hours).
Responsibilities (Please list the responsibilities)
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Under supervision, assist in the specification, design, development, implementation, and maintenance of new information management platforms in UNEP.
• Assist in improving the functionality and content of existing information management platforms / digital workflow projects.,
• Assist in on-going and planned green information technology (IT) projects.
• Undertake various research as directed by the Supervisor by collecting, analysing and presenting statistical data and other information gathered from diverse sources.
• Provide support with ESS outreach and internal communication activities.
• Under supervision, assist in streamlining of the electronic central file system by structuring applicable information and folders in an efficient way.
• Participate in achieving the UNEP digital transformation deliverables the Section has been tasked.
• Will be involved in real ongoing projects that the ESS is currently working on.
• Depending on the phase of the project, intern’s interest and background, the selected intern may be assigned research, analysis, design, development, testing, training, user support, or outreaching work.
• Perform other duties as directed by the Supervisor.
Applicants must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
• be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent or higher);
• be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor's level or equivalent);
• have graduated with a university degree (as defined above) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period of graduation;
• preferred area of study: Information Management, Information Science, Environmental Science, Engineering, Communications, Design, Art, or related field.
Applicants are not required to have professional work experience for participation in the programme, however applicants are expected to meet the following requirements:
• Skilled in using various IT tools and good knowledge of databases. ESS uses these IT tools for Information Management projects: Microsoft Teams / SharePoint, PowerApps, JIRA, Confluence and Moodle.
• Have demonstrated good communication skills in a complex multicultural environment.
• Have a demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter.
• Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
• Experience in extracurricular activities is advantageous.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in written and oral English is required. Knowledge of another UN official language is an advantage.
Aucun frais de dossier
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.
Partager cette offre d'emploi avec ses connaissances sur
VOIR LA LISTE DES AUTRES OFFRES D'EMPLOIS APRES LA PUBLICITE!