Localité : Malawi / Lilongwe Domaine : Communication Niveau : Non precise Entreprise recruteur : World Food Programme
Recrutement de 01 Intern -Supply Chain Unit
Niveau d'études: Non précisé
Expérience: Non précisé
Expire le: 17-04-2023
World Food Programme
Opportunités de carrière : Intern -Supply Chain Unit-Lilongwe (746798)
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN WORKING WITH THE LARGEST HUMANITARIAN AGENCY FIGHTING HUNGER WORLDWIDE?
You are invited to apply!
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
Title of Post: Intern-Supply Chain
Duty Station: Lilongwe
Duration of Internship: 6 Months
Expected Start Date: 1 June 2023
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies, and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience. In Malawi, WFP works in partnership with the Government, other UN agencies, NGOs, civil society and the private sector, to strengthen integrated approach in addressing issues related to food systems and increasing focus on innovation, resilience programming and climate change adaptation. Our work improves livelihoods for smallholder farmers and other vulnerable populations, with an emphasis on women and youth in and alignment with Government strategies, particularly its Vision 2063.
The Malawi Country Office of WFP is seeking motivated and qualified candidates to enroll for the 2023 Internship Programme.
The position will be based in the Supply Chain Unit, Lilongwe. The internship will be for the period of 6 months from 1 June, 2023.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Under the close supervision of the Logistics Officer, the intern is expected to produce organized and accurate work and will undertake the following tasks:
1. Prepare documentation to support execution of logistics operations (e.g. customs clearance, transport, warehousing, and inventory management) and/or provide administrative support in design and implementation of capacity strengthening, health supply chain, and food systems programmes.
2. Respond to simple routine queries with readily available support by senior staff, and escalate where appropriate, in order to provide a timely and accurate response to enquiries.
3. Support the maintenance of office files, documents and records in accordance with established systems and processes, so that information is current and readily available for staff.
4. Undertake standard data entry tasks in accordance with defined systems, to ensure information is organised and readily available.
5. Respond to routine queries received and escalate where appropriate, to provide a timely and accurate service to clients
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Currently enrolled with in a graduate programme and have attended classes in the past 12 months, or a recent graduate from a graduate programme (within six months prior to the application to the internship programme). Preferred areas of study are: Public and Social Policy, Development Studies, International Relations, Economics, Nutrition/Health, Agriculture, Environmental Science, Social Sciences, Business Administration, Public Policy, and Communications
Language: Excellent command of English is required; Working knowledge of a second UN language would be an asset.
Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
REQUIRED SOFT SKILLS/WFP COMPETENCIES
• Collaborative spirit with the ability to liaise with a wide range of people at all levels and across different cultures
• Strong drive, self-motivated and able to work with a high degree of autonomy
• Ability to prioritize tasks and quickly adjust to different working environments Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral)
• Proactive attitude, shows initiative and has a sense of accountability
At the end of the assignment, the Intern should:
• Be familiar with most of what the logistics function does in WFP, and attain a sufficient level of proficiency in preparation of requisite documents relating to customs clearance, transport, warehousing, and inventory management.
• Be able to handle sensitive data in accordance with defined systems, to ensure information is organised and readily available.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• Interns receive a monthly stipend from WFP.
• WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation, necessary visas and related costs.
• WFP will recognize candidates’ educational credentials from recognised institutions that have been certified by competent international or national authorities such as the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) or Ministries of Education.
• Candidates who bear any of the following relations to WFP staff members are not eligible to apply: sons, daughters, brothers, or sisters.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Deadline for sending applications is 17 April 2023
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
Partager cette offre d'emploi avec ses connaissances sur
VOIR LA LISTE DES AUTRES OFFRES D'EMPLOIS APRES LA PUBLICITE!