Localité : France / Paris Domaine : Gestion d'entreprise Niveau : BAC + 5
Niveau d'études: Bac + 5 ou plus
Expérience: 10 ans ou plus
Expire le: 17-05-2021
Banque et Assurances
Senior Policy and Planning Officer
Job # : req11740
Organization : World Bank
Sector : Education
Grade : GG
Term Duration : 2 years 0 months
Recruitment Type : International Recruitment
Location : Paris, France or Washington, DC
Required Language(s) : English
Preferred Language(s) : French
Closing Date : 5/17/2021 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? Working at the World Bank Group provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty, increasing shared prosperity and promoting sustainable development. With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, we work with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges. For more information, visit www.worldbank.org
Are you a passionate advocate for education? Do you want to make a difference in the lives of children in the world’s poorest countries? The Global Partnership for Education Secretariat (GPE) would like to hear from you.
Who we are
GPE is a shared commitment to ending the world’s learning crisis. It is the only global partnership and fund dedicated entirely to helping children in lower-income countries get a quality education, so they can unlock their potential and contribute to building a better world. With nearly 20 years’ experience helping partner countries to get more girls and boys in school and learning, we convene teachers, civil society, donors, United Nations agencies, development banks, businesses and philanthropists behind partner country leadership to finance and support solutions so that no child is left behind.
What we do
GPE convenes partners and mobilizes funds to help governments in 76 lower-income countries build and finance strong and sustainable education systems that deliver quality learning to more girls and boys, especially those who are marginalized by poverty, gender, disability or displacement. GPE focuses on driving transformation at scale to get the most vulnerable girls and boys in school, improve teaching and learning, and build resilient education systems capable of withstanding shocks and adapting to new challenges. GPE’s approach achieves lasting impact by convening partners behind country leadership. We support government efforts to advance teaching and learning for the 21st century, mobilize more and better financing, and scale up proven solutions for the world’s poorest and hardest-to-reach girls and boys.
Raise Your Hand
GPE is currently calling on world leaders to “Raise Your Hand” and pledge at least US$5 billion to help GPE transform education in up to 87 countries, which are home to more than 1 billion children. Over the next five years, this funding will help ensure that 175 million children can learn and enroll 88 million more children in school. In the longer term, this investment could add $164 billion to economies in the developing world, lift 18 million people out of poverty, and protect two million girls from early marriage.
With over 100 staff, the GPE secretariat is hosted by the World Bank and has headquarters in Washington D.C and offices in Paris and Brussels. The selected candidate may be based in the Washington, DC or the Paris, France office. This is an international recruitment subject to compensation on the local pay scale for the defined duty station, and global mobility benefits may be applicable as per World Bank Group policy.
Country Engagement and Policy Team
The Country Engagement and Policy Team (CEP) is a new team within the Secretariat which acts as our primary relationship coordinator with country partners. We support national evidence-informed policy dialogue at country level, including on the development and implementation of national compacts between governments, development partners, civil society and other education actors to drive progress in education system transformation priorities. The CEP Team is comprised of three regional country support teams, the Education, Policy and Learning team and the Strategy and Coordination team.
Duties and Accountabilities
The successful candidate will report to the Chief Technical Officer, who manages the CEP team, and will lead all aspects of the CEP Strategy and Coordination team. He/she will support coordination and management of the CEP team, working closely with the CEP sub-team managers. Key responsibilities include the following:
Team coordination and change management
• Support CEP team leadership and members to build a strong team culture, including shared vision, clear roles and responsibilities, strong team communication and effective ways of working together.
• Oversee the change management process for the team, including coordinating CEP internal processes for the roll out of the new GPE Strategy 2025 and other corporate projects, systems and initiatives.
• Oversee team knowledge management efforts, including effective use of intranet, MS teams, and OneDrive, as well as wider initiatives such as knowledge assets/needs mapping and Secretariat KM infrastructure.
• Develop protocols, operating procedures and accountabilities to support team success.
• Champion a cross-cutting gender lens in all operations and program and support diversity and inclusion in all team initiatives.
Global education policy and partnerships
• Represent GPE in external engagements, including global education policy dialogue and support strong relationship management with global partners.
• Ensure that GPE’s strategic partnerships, including its Knowledge and Innovation Exchange and Education Out Loud Funding for civil society, are optimally leveraged to support country partners.
• Ensure consistency and quality of education policy messaging including facilitation of CEP inputs into policy endorsements, advocacy campaigns, public statements, etc.
Workplanning and budgeting
• Support CTO to put in place human/financial resources and systems to deliver on CEP directive.
• Supervise the workplanning and budgeting process for CEP, including oversight of the Planning Officer responsible for this area of work.
• Oversee CEP human resource management, and other CEP administration efforts.
• Manage, coordinate and delegate requests for CEP engagement in cross-secretariat efforts.
• Master’s degree in education, economics, international development or a relevant related field with at least eight years significant experience (or equivalent combination of education and experience).
• At least ten years of relevant experience, preferably within an international organization or equivalent.
• Excellent organizational skills honed through experience supporting management/executive staff or working in a high-pressure environment (political/diplomatic environment).
• Experience leading an annual planning process (work program and budget)
• Change management experience; a relevant certification such as Prosci would be a plus
• Well-honed communication, interpersonal, relationship management and influencing skills; able to relate to people at all levels of an organization.
• Highly collaborative, but also able to work effectively with considerable autonomy under pressure to deliver in a timely manner.
• Resilience and flexibility, with a high level of energy, drive, and persistence.
• Strong analytical, writing and facilitation skills.
• Ability to communicate and write competently in English. French an advantage.
• Passion and dedication to the mission of the Global Partnership for Education.
• Knowledge of the Institutional Environment – Experience with the global education and development community, including working effectively to advance multi-stakeholder education partnerships
• Collaborate Within Teams and Across Boundaries - Initiates collaboration across boundaries and broadly across the organization, demonstrating respect for different points of view and brings differing ideas into the forefront.
• Lead and Innovate - Develops innovative solutions with others
• Create, Apply and Share Knowledge - Creates, applies and shares knowledge from across and outside GPE to strengthen internal and/or external client solutions
• Make Smart Decisions - Recommends and takes decisive action.
Poverty has no borders, neither does excellence. We succeed because of our differences and we continuously search for qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds from around the globe.
Partager cette offre d'emploi avec ses connaissances sur
VOIR LA LISTE DES AUTRES OFFRES D'EMPLOIS APRES LA PUBLICITE!