Recrutement-International Consultant for the Congo-Brazzaville UNDAF Review
Niveau d'études: Bac + 5 ou plus
Expérience: 10 ans ou plus
Expire le: 01-06-2022
vacance de poste
Intitulé publication : International Consultant for the Congo-Brazzaville UNDAF Review
Département / Bureau : Office des Nations Unies à Nairobi
Lieu d'affectation : BRAZZAVILLE
Période de candidature : - 01 juin 2022
No de l’appel á candidature : 22-United Nations Office at Nairobi-182006-Consultant
Staffing Exercise N/A
Valeurs fondamentales de l'ONU : intégrité, professionnalisme, respect de la diversité
Result of Service
At the end of the revision process, the government, the UN and their development partners will have reached a consensus on the progress and shortcomings in the implementation of the revised UNDAF (2020-2024) and will have agreed on the corrective measures and adjustments required to accelerate progress towards the agreed UNDAF goals and outcomes. They will have a validated reviewed UNDAF , an assessment on the main achievements of UNDAF during the two first years of its implementation (including the lessons learned, challenges encountered), a results matrix including the definition of indicators consistent with those of the SDGs, an indication of the budgetary resources required and a monitoring and evaluation matrix of the cooperation framework with specific indicators.
The assessment report will clearly distinguish the following elements:
• The main achievements, Performance and results directly attributable to the UNDAF during the first two years of its implementation, with a clear distinction between the different axes, in terms of the quality of the processes adopted;
• The progress made during the first part of the implementation of the UNDAF;
• The main findings with their recommendations
• The main constraints encountered and the necessary adjustments to the cooperation programme in terms of objectives, strategies, content, financing and resource allocation
The new UNDAF should highlight the consensus reached between the Government, the agencies of the United Nations system and the other partners concerned on the emerging and priority problems for the country and analysis of their causes and strategies to address them.
Two and half months
Duties and Responsibilities
The United Nations General Assembly resolution 72/279 elevated the United Nations Development Assistance Framework (now renamed United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework) as the most important instrument for planning and implementing United Nations development activities at the country level, in support of the implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. As an essential element for inclusive sustainable development, the United Nations Development Assistance Framework (UNDAF) is a mid-term strategic tool, which aims at promoting the coherence and effectiveness of United Nations programs in support of national priorities of the country. It supports the main pillars of the national strategy document drawn up by the government, with a view to accelerating the country's sustainable development process and provides an overview of the strategic results (outcomes) and intermediate results (outputs) which may be the subject of individual or joint programs between the agencies of the United Nations system.
Based on normative programming principles, the United Nations Development Assistance Framework (UNDAF) describes the UN system's collective vision and is anchored on national development priorities, the 2030 Agenda and the principles of the UN Charter. As such, it describes the contributions of the United Nations development system sought by national actors to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in an integrated manner, with a commitment to leave no one behind in accordance with programmatic principles, including the human rights and other international standards and obligations.
Following the development of a new national development plan (PND 2022-2026) by the Government, the United Nations System in Congo has agreed to update the actual cooperation framework (UNDAF 2020-2024), in order to align it with the new national priorities. Thus, the revised UNDAF will target four main objectives for Congo:
- Articulate how the United Nations system as a whole intends to help the Republic of Congo to implement their national priorities, and overcome the obstacles it faces in achieving the Sustainable Development Goals. These plans will be a tool for economic transformation, offering various means of placing sustainable development at the heart of economic policies and practices. The aim being to promote inclusive, diversified and job-creating economic activities that promote human rights and the well-being of all, strengthen the economy and protect the planet.
- Embody the spirit of collaboration that drives the 2030 Agenda. It will be necessary to forge partnerships not only with the government of the Republic of Congo, but also with all stakeholders, civil society, universities, parliaments, the private sector, bilateral partners in order to make the most of our strengths and bring about profound change.
- Enable the implementation of the United Nations commitment to leave no one behind and to take tangible measures in favor of the population, in particular the most deprived people. The UNCT will have to analyze in detail ever finer data, without stopping at national averages, by doing more to promote inclusion and fight against inequalities.
- Provide the UNCT with the means to adapt its action to the specific needs and to the particular situation of Congo, ensuring that all agencies, whether resident or non-resident, contribute effectively to the implementation of the 2030 Agenda.
Therefore, as part of this revision , the UNDAF revised will have to be programmatically aligned with the new PND (2022-2026), and will follow the orientations of the headquarters in order to reflect the political expertise of the United Nations development system and its comparative advantages, its normative program and its ability to mobilize, influence and unlock a wide range of resources to meet the challenges related to the achievement of the SDGs and other international commitments made by the Republic of Congo: (a) the expectations of national stakeholders regarding the contribution of the United Nations system for the development of the Congo ; (b) a common vision and strategic priorities of the United Nations, within the broader framework of partners; (c) the strategic partners with whom the United Nations system will work in the search for development solutions for the country; (d) how the UN system and its partners will contribute to accelerating progress towards the 2030 agenda and the financial and non-financial commitments of the UN system and its partners in the broader context of financing needed to achieve the objectives prioritized at the national level in the achievement of the 2030 Agenda.
Thus, the United Nations Country Team (UNCT) in the Republic of Congo will initiate the revision of UNDAF, following a participatory strategic process that will know the involvement of the main development actors of Congo, in particular the Government, the agencies of the United Nations system, financial partners, the private sector and civil society actors.
Under the general supervision of the Head of Office of the Resident Coordinator (RCO), the international consultant will be responsible for the preparation, implementation and administration of the assignment, which includes, but is not limited to, the following elements:
- Develop a concept note defining the strategic axes and areas of intervention of the United Nations System for the remaining 2 years, including a roadmap for updating the UNDAF (2020-2024) and the assessment of the implementation of the UNDAF during the first two years.
- Select strategic priorities and related development outcomes and outputs while specifying accompanying actions to build capacity and collective resources. This will be done in consultation with national partners, assisting the United Nations System.
- Write the revised description of the United Nations Development Assistance Framework and support the process of updating the results matrix, including defining indicator definitions and required financial resources;
- Facilitate exchanges for a common vision on the update of the UNDAF and the definition of the mechanism for managing and coordinating the cooperation framework
- Develop mechanisms for regular communication and coordination with the RCO, UNCT, government entities, development partners, etc.
- Produce a note of understanding of the mission, a detailed and realistic agenda, as well as tools for collecting information on the interventions of the stakeholders for the drafting of the assessment report and reviewed UNDAF;
- Undertake an exhaustive documentary review on the various subjects and themes relating to the cooperation framework and the various study and analysis reports available on the priority themes of the cooperation framework.
- Organize individual and broad consultations with UN agencies, national and international partners, and other stakeholders to gather their points of view and their expectations in respect to the United Nations in the Republic of Congo;
- Write an annotated draft and prepare the methodology for writing the report, indicating the key themes that will be raised in each section of the said report;
- Facilitate the work process of the UNDAF results prioritization workshop, including the matrices required by the new UNDOGO directives;
- Prepare and coordinate the preparation of the draft report on the cooperation framework;
- Preparation and organization of the national UNDAF validation workshop between national partners and UN agencies;
- Present the results of the preliminary report and revised UNDAF during the national validation workshop;
- Revise the assessment report and the revised UNDAF according to the conclusions of the validation session and the relevant comments/observations made by the stakeholders;
- Submit the final report and UNDAF updated to the RCO, for quality control, within the required deadline
Academic Qualifications : A PhD degree in social sciences, economics or related fields is required. A master's degree with an additional two years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the PhD degree.
Experience: - A minimum of 10 years experience in use of analysis and prioritization tools/grids in development planning is required.
- Conduct of similar support mission to BCR for the development of CCA, cooperation framework, or national strategy, etc. is desirable
- Experience in supervising and/or writing analytical reports in french is required
- Mastery of basic computer tools (Word, Excel and Powerpoint) is desirable
Language: English and French are the working languages of the UN secretariat. For this position, fluency in spoken and written French is required.
Aucun frais de dossier
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.
Partager cette offre d'emploi avec ses connaissances sur
VOIR LA LISTE DES AUTRES OFFRES D'EMPLOIS APRES LA PUBLICITE!